log4j2me is log4j
for j2me platform. It is an open source contribution from Witmate.
It is compatible with Log4J and executable on
J2ME platform. When your code move to J2SE/J2EE platform, you need NOT
change your code, just replace log4j2me.jar with standard log4j jar
Contact us about log4j2me by firstname.lastname@example.org
Differentiations with original log4j
Limits by j2me platform:
- j2me can't write to file. So can't set file
name directly in FileAppender
- j2me can't read file. So can't read
configuration from file directly in PropertyConfigurator. But it is
possible to get configuration from JAD file.
- j2me only can print stack track into standard
error output. So can't get stack in LoggingEvent, LocationInfo
- J2ME has not java.text package, so %d parameter
just use log4j date formatters.
- LEVEL_CONVERTER does not work in PatternParser
- MESSAGE_CONVERTER(RenderMessage) does not work
- Fully qualified name of the calling category
class (fqnOfCategoryClass) is same as category name in LoggingEvent.
- These parameters of pattern do not work: %X,
%F, %M, %L, %l, and log out a question mark.
Extensions for j2me platform
- Configure by JAD file
- j2me can't get property list, so a
"log4j.categories" property key to list all category names is added
into configuration properties. Separator is comma, e.g.,
- line.separator system property does not exist
in J2ME default, LINE_SEP of log4j2me is LF(13) in Layout. It is
configurable with LINE_SEP and LINE_SEP_LEN parameetr in Layout
- MIDLet form appender: Output log to a MIDLet
- New form appender is
- Optional handler of this appender is Title,
this title is MIDLet form title.
- Configure example
log4j.appender.LOGFORM.Title = mylog4j2me
Test cases in source code
- log4j2me.test.Hello.java is a java application
test case of configuring log4j2me by code.
- log4j2me.test.midlets.MHello.java is a midlet
test case for j2me platform and configuring log4j2me by example JAD
example file for MHello test case
is a package which only includes the classes for localized properties from Apache Tapestry project.
tapestry_prop_util.zip is the source code.